Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lazy Sundays and Old Barns!

It's Sunday and for the first time in a looooonng time, we stayed home for the WHOLE day!  Last night while laying in bed we decided to turn off our phones, and alarm clocks and sleep as late as we want too.  We BOTH got up around 10:00!  For my husband especially, that is so rare.  We felt a teeny tiny little bit guilty about not going to church!  I especially enjoy my Sunday School class and didn't really want to miss it, but we decided to just take a day today.  Normally, Sunday mornings are anything but relaxing because we leave early to set up the sound system at church and practice for worship.  We got out of our responsibilities at church for a few weeks so we decided to take advantage of our first Sunday off!  I guess it's ok as long as we don't make it a habit!

Part of the reason we were exhausted by today was this...



About a week ago, we found an old barn advertised on Craigslist for free.  We thought it would be a fun project and hopefully we could make some money by selling the wood and doors etc.  We're hoping to use the money to go on an anniversary trip in January or February!  I wouldn't say I'm totally regretting the decision to do this BUT.....oh my goodness, I am feeling muscles I never knew I had!  Brad and I were both so sore this morning and last night. 

Guess it's not something everyone would like to do, but Brad and I both love to get our hands dirty and the creative side of me sees all kinds of things I want him to do and make with all of this old wood!  Yesterday, when I finally sat to take a break, I asked Brad if he thinks we'll regret doing this.  It seemed like it was going to take forever and I'm the type to second guess myself pretty quickly.  I was thinking "Oh my...we're sore and achy and who knows if we will even make any money from this thing"!  Without missing a beat he said "I don't regret it at all....I'm having a blast"!  I have a feeling if I would ask him that today he would say the same thing, even though he wasn't feeling 16 anymore! : )

After reading the book "Wild at Heart" a few years ago...one thing that always stayed with me is "be part of your husbands adventure".  It makes him feel so loved when I'm right there by his side pounding nails out and "ripping down barns".  There were many other things I could've done yesterday, but I wouldn't have missed being there beside him.  Sore and achy as I am.."I don't regret it!  Not one bit!!!"

2 comments:

  1. Thats so awesome! I know what you mean, it does a couple good to stay home together some days! My husband and I have done that too already. Have fun with using the old barn wood. You are very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like piles of work-but mercy, I would be in hog heaven dreaming about what all I could do with that beautiful wood. How are you going to sell it? As is or are you going to make some stuff? Where are you storing your sweet stash...do tell all the details! ;) Hope you are well...I always love reading a bit about your life. You are a great person.

    ReplyDelete