Thursday, May 6, 2010

Table Re-do


Like I said before I am in love with the weekly auction down the road. As of a few weeks ago I am now an employee there so my furniture finds are not as plentiful as they were. The stuff that I like to buy is outside and I work inside. It's probably a good thing though. My hubby was getting a little worried that he would no longer have any room in "his" garage!
One of the things sitting in there for me to work on was this adorable table. I had bought it at the auction for....1 whole dollar! I love seeing potential in pieces that otherwise get thrown out, and rarely spend more than a dollar or 2! It sat in the garage for a while till I found the time to redo it. I just painted right over it with leftover paint from our house. It's called Divine white. I like it because it's not a "glaring" white. After 2 coats, I sanded it off. Loved seeing the brown come through. Then I sealed it with a basic spray sealer.I was so tickled with how it turned out. I had planned on selling it cuz there's no room in the inn here in our house. I posted it on facebook and left for the beach and never really got back to anyone, so it's still sitting here! Now I'm thinking I may keep it after all!These 2 ladies took up residence in our garage now. Got the pair for a dollar. Already have them sanded down and first coat of paint on. Stay tuned to see the final results. No promises on how soon that will be!

4 comments:

  1. hummm. i think my birthday is soon... haha. good job. love it and cant wait to see the end tables!
    wilms

    ReplyDelete
  2. guu-rrl...you're hooked! too bad i didn't know about shabby chic when i taught home-ec...now that is really teachable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun hobby to do and inexpensive too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. those end tables are awesome! i've been watching for something affordable that i like ever since we're married. no luck. can't wait to see the finished product.

    evie miller

    ReplyDelete